Follow me on other sites:meoproject.tumblr.com
Something I sort of started as a way to try and ease myself back into drawing (I’ve not really done anything but one dumb hamster doodle for like a week now; I've been pretty sick.) that turned sorta serious.
I draw boring full body pictures of Lady allll the time, but this time I thought I could try and draw something that could work as a reference.
So this is it. Until I start finding this too ugly to use as a reference, of course.
Lady is an original character of mine.
Some details of note for myself and poor artists I make draw her for me:
- If you think in silhouettes, she is supposed to have a body silhouette of a vase (see the silhouette on the picture) – or course, personal style and amount of realism used changes things, but this should be kept in mind to keep her body type in check. Hip heavy, narrow waist.
- Take care to keep eyes heavy-lidded/prominent
- Can have zero, one or two earrings per ear, earrings are always matched, gold or blue gemstones. Can be rings or studs, doesn’t matter.
- Freckles: Focus on cheeks, bridge of nose, shoulders, breasts, knees, elbows
- If drawn in default: Neckline should be kept low. If it doesn’t look like it’s about to slip, it’s not low enough; nothing should actually show, though. Bra and bra straps are… not preferred, but if there is a reason (composition/dividing shapes/something) it is acceptable.
- Nail polish should be preferably blue or gold, but depending on the overall palette for the piece, black can also work.
- Eyebrows should always be black or dark brown, never blonde or even light brown.
- Absolutely no “thigh gap”.
- Hair is two toned (sort of an ”ombre” effect) as in the picture. The color change can be either “gradual” (as in picture; preferred) or… not (if stylization or color palette works better that way)
- Choker can be kept or ditched honestly. It should be kept relatively simple but but simple details are fine, color should be gold/black/blue